Modern Slavery Act Statement
LAST UPDATED: 25th March 2019
INTRODUCTION FROM THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF UKDE
UKDE takes its social responsibilities seriously and conducts its business with integrity. We are therefore committed to ensuring that slavery and human trafficking are not present in our business or within our supply chain.
Our Group’s organisational structure:
This statement is made on behalf of UKDE and its subsidiaries.
OUR SUPPLY CHAINS
We procure a wide range of goods and services from a variety of suppliers. Our supply chains currently include some of the following key activities:
- Account servicing providers
- IT services providers
- Legal services providers
- Marketing and advertising providers
UKDE adopts a risk-based approach to the assessment of our business and supply chain, which involves taking geographical, industry and market factors into account in order to identify categories of supply that may present a higher risk of modern slavery being present.
ACTIONS TO ADDRESS RISK
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we have undertaken, or are in the process of undertaking the following actions:
- building the assessment of slavery and trafficking risk into our supplier sourcing, due diligence and on-boarding programmes;
- reviewing and assessing existing suppliers, and in particular their sourcing policies in key risk areas;
- monitoring potential risk areas in our supply chains;
- protecting whistleblowers.
We have chosen suppliers that operate under recognised ethical codes of conduct and we only work with companies that are committed to complying with applicable laws and regulations.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015